This recipe was very easy to throw together and perfect for my meal plan!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut or almond flour
1 tbsp pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves minced garlic
salt to taste
1. Prepare your chicken by rinsing it and trimming the fat. If the chicken breasts are huge, You can cut them in half making, them more like chicken tenders.
2. In a cake pan or shallow plate like dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour.
3. Melt the butter(or coconut oil) in a saucepan on your stovetop over medium heat. Once melted, brown each side of the chicken, but not cooking it too much because you will be putting them in the crockpot.
4. Rub down crock pot with vegetable shortening and place the chicken into the crockpot. Sprinkle the basil,chopped onions,pepper and garlic on top of the chicken.
5. Mix together the lemon juice and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken and seasonings.
6. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.